Donner Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Hello, I'm finally getting around to taking apart my old PC and turning it into a server. Specs: i7-9700K, 32GB RAM, Z390 AORUS MASTER, RSV-L4500U. I want to put two M.2 SSDs as my OS drives with redundancy. Having two disables some of my 6 SATA connections, so I'm in need of some SATA expansion. I don't know a whole lot about them, but it seems a lot of people recommend the Broadcom 9--- HBA cards. Id have though Id just get some SATA expansion cards, but these HBA cards seem to be more recommended from what I gather. Through my reading the LSI 9305-16i and the LSI 9400-16i are what I'm looking for. I found a LSI 9400-16i on ebay for 108$ that comes from China. I guess I'm wondering if these are generally real or of they are fake/knockoff and if its any good. What do you guys use? Any advice or recommendation is much appreciated! Thank you.
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now